Saturday, April 4, 2009

WFF Thoughts: JCVD


I won't be able to give too much of a review here (there are too many movies this weekend, I'm overloaded), but I can say this: if there was ever a perfect midnight movie for movie geeks, this would be it.  I really don't have anything negative to say about the film, but honestly I think the fact that I was on the brink of passing out from exhaustion may have helped.  The absurdity that fills this movie was made even more surreal.

What makes this film so absurd, you ask?  Well, the most absurd, mind-boggling part of this film is the fact that Jean Claude Van Damme gives an excellent performance.  Obviously, there is no one better to play an aging action star, but Van Damme bares all in his performance.  He remains completely real even as the film becomes more and more surreal.

I won't go into detail of just how weird this movie becomes because I really just want you all to see it for yourselves.  This will be out on DVD and Blu-Ray on April 28th.  Everyone who feels they are a movie geek has an obligation to watch this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment